Doggy Birthdays

So it's my dog's 10th birthday in a few days, on January 15th, and I'm not sure how to celebrate. In past years, my family has taken him for an extra long walk a couple times during the day, and has given him nearly as many bones as he wants (if we gave him exactly as many bones as he wanted, he'd be dead or five hundred pounds larger by the end of the day).

I did a quick google search for ideas, and I was surprised how far some people go to celebrate the birthdays of their canine companions.

Look at how depressed this dog on the left is! Do you think he likes being dressed up and paraded around in front of other dogs/beloved family members? I sure don't think so.



On the other hand, this cake to the right is pretty awesome. I can't think of a single dog that wouldn't be delighted to receive that. As long as that bowl is filled with dog treats, and that brown icing isn't chocolate/poison, I can see my dog enjoying something like that.

I'll probably end up celebrating my dog's 10th birthday in what I believe is the best way: I'll take him to an off leash park, throw the tennis ball for him, let him play with some doggy friends, and then bring him home and treat him like he's the centre of attention with his favourite tug toy.

Anyways, do you want to know the best part about dog birthdays? The dogs clearly don't know what's going on. Aside from humans, who get really pissed when you miss their birthdays, doggies just think you're treating them with extra love all day long. Dogs just love you for who you are, and they don't need a special day of the year for you to tell them. I love my dog.



To conclude, here is a loldog

16 comments:

Choms1337 said...
January 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM

10th birthday ? this dog is old :D

MRanthrope said...
January 11, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Even though I'm allergic to dogs and if I ever met your's I'd probably die, I'm still going to wish him a happy birthday. He's older than dirt right?

Das Auto! said...
January 11, 2011 at 11:18 PM

my parent's dog just turned 11 today! that's awesomely coincidental. happy birthday to your dog too!

Unknown said...
January 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM

yeah torture for animals :(

mrecan said...
January 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM

your idea is the best of all. a real doggy birthday

000 said...
January 12, 2011 at 3:33 AM

some dudes don't have money to eat and other dudes celebrate dog birthdays. How come!

Rawr said...
January 12, 2011 at 4:33 AM

can people eat this doggie cake?

Vapor said...
January 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Just don't dress him up.

Drew Briski said...
January 12, 2011 at 11:27 AM

My family has never celebrated our dogs birthdays. I think it's a ridiculous concept.

p said...
January 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Lol i buy cakes for my cats

Copyboy said...
January 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

10th birthday? That's awesome! I probably wouldn't do anything too surprising. After all he is 70.

Skimbosh said...
January 13, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I get upset when my wife wants to make an xmas stocking for our cat and you are having dog birthdays?!? That makes me barking mad.

Anonymous said...
January 13, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I love dogs. I'll be following.

HSP said...
January 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Yeah, I don't think my dog would appreciate being dressed up. I doubt she gives a shit about her birthday, lol. Happy birthday to your dog though!

HiFi said...
January 14, 2011 at 1:10 AM

I don't know about you, but my dog loves taking hits off the bong. I think that's what I'm going to treat him with on his next birthday.

Monster Madness said...
January 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Aw, haha. I love my dogs!

Post a Comment