Amazon Kindle

The Amazon Kindle looks sweet. It's only $139 on Amazon.ca, and I have a $50 gift certificate for the site.



Do any of my readers have one? It looks like you can transfer files via USB cord, but can you put any .pdf files on there? There are always a ton of ebooks on places like ThePirateBay and other torrent sites (some legal, some illegal), and I'd like to read a bunch of those.

If I can do that, then I don't see a reason not to buy a Kindle. I travel and move around a lot, so having one notebook-sized device would be a lot smarter than having 30 books of different sizes.

Anyways, here is a (paperback) book I've been reading this week. It's called Paths to a Green World



It's about international politics towards the environment, and it is very relevant to my major and interests. Well-written and informative. Check it out if you want.

6 comments:

-E- said...
May 5, 2011 at 5:42 PM

i highly recommend this.

ed said...
May 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM

still looks pretty pricey

LunaSihne said...
May 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Ive only seen one but never used one. They look very nice and Id like it, that is, If I liked to read.
I actually plan on publishing something Ive been working on on the Kindle website and Kindle readers can buy it for a dollar or so I think.

Arcita said...
May 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM

oh the kindle is actually a physical product as well? i downloaded the software for it a while ago onto my laptop.

that kindle thing looks pretty neat though. it'd definitely be nice to have a storage of books on it and read whatever and whenever i like.

oh and hi shelby! glad to see you're still an active blogger.

Patti D. said...
May 12, 2011 at 6:33 AM

I don't have one since I don't read much :(

Dola said...
June 6, 2011 at 11:18 AM

pretty spiffy i kinda wnat one of these =x

Post a Comment