LASIK Eye Surgery

Since most of us spend HOURS a day staring at screens, our eyes are gradually turning to crap. Personally, I spend about $300 a year on contacts and I buy a new pair of glasses every few years.

This is why LASIK eye surgery is becoming more popular - you pay a (hopefully) certified optometrist a bunch of money (usually between 1 and 2 thousand dollars per eye) and your eyes are cured! Essentially, you're investing in your future, right?

However, there have been complaints - some complain of tunnel vision, headaches, and other persistent annoyances. Thankfully, a new Lasik surgery has been created.

New LASIK is more advanced - often, you require an ophthalmologist, who uses "wavefront-guided LASIK" to form an optically perfect eye. Some ophthalmologists promise super vision - greater than 20/20. This usually isn't true, but wavefront-guided LASIK certainly has better results than regular LASIK has had in the past.

For those who freak out during surgery, LASIK would be an uncomfortable experience. The patient is awake for the procedure, although they are sometimes given sedatives like Valium and, obviously, a local anesthetic is applied to the region. Your eye is held in place and the doctor slices a flap in your cornea, giving access to the parts underneath, which are then modified by lasers. I got goosebumps just writing that.

Anyways, LASIK is something I'd be willing to try in the future...hesitantly. It's worth looking into.

26 comments:

Copyboy said...
February 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM

My doc friend actually performs this surgery on a daily basis. Ewwwww. BTW...if you're interested I'd love to invite you to join my blog community @ bloggerdise.com.

d0t said...
February 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM

love that second picture, made me literally lol

Aaron M. Gipson said...
February 28, 2011 at 5:39 PM

You got goosebumps writing it, I got goosebumps reading it... Yeah, I think I better stick with my glasses. They make me all Einstein sexy anyway...

ebm93 said...
February 28, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Thanks for the info. Probably my eyes will become crappy soon lol

Metamorphiction said...
February 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I've been hearing about it a lot lately, and I agree, I'd definitely want to do it.

Rachel Neilson said...
February 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM

My family doctor is a close a friend of mine so we always discuss shit like this over dinner. He told me I stare at a screen too much so he's like "yo watch this, i'll put a laser in your eye and it'll be cool."

GFTM said...
February 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM

EYE would kill for lazer functioning vision ahaha :)

Burger said...
February 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Yeah I have been wanting Lasik for a while. When I get insurance this is going to happen!

Virellum said...
February 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Thinking about having someone else to perform LASER SURGERY on my eye.. no thx. I know how shaky I get myself kekekeke.

virellum.blogspot.com

ChefJRH said...
March 1, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I hope my eyes never get to the point where I have to think about getting something like this. Even the thought of having to put in contacts makes me cringe.

Unknown said...
March 1, 2011 at 12:50 AM

reminds me of dead space 2

Patti D. said...
March 1, 2011 at 2:12 AM

It remind me of the clockwork orange, so NO THANKS!!

Jesse Brooks said...
March 1, 2011 at 2:40 AM

I'm kind of on the fence about this. I would like not having to pay for glasses for the rest of my life, and the convenience of not being blind, but then again, I'm more or less at one with my glasses.

llllollllll said...
March 1, 2011 at 3:22 AM

The thought of Lasik always just freaks me out.

jedi168 said...
March 1, 2011 at 5:09 AM

I'll stick with contacts. i've been skeptical of Lasik since day one.

Desuuuu said...
March 1, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Ugh recently my eyes turned to crap too I considered LASIK but my parents warned me about its risks

Good to hear theres better and a safer LASIK is around. I'll consider it in the future.

Btw 20/20 or 6/6?

Joefiss said...
March 1, 2011 at 8:26 AM

My contacts are not that expensive so I think I'll hold off on the lasers for a while

Josh said...
March 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I'm thinking about getting lasik this summer. I'm fed up with glasses and contacts.

jopjopjop said...
March 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM

thanks god my eyes are still in good condition

pizzafuckyes said...
March 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM

dude my dad insists I get one of these. I really don't see any problem with using glasses though...

AS said...
March 3, 2011 at 1:06 AM

I need to get new glasses, but I've always wondered about lasik.

I'm horribly afraid of the whole eyeslicing thing though D:

Igneel21 said...
March 3, 2011 at 5:24 AM

the picture gave me a wrong idea of what this was about hahaha, but i might need something like this soon

Anonymous said...
May 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with
my myspace group? There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

Feel free to visit my web site ... make your penis bigger

Laser Eye Surgery San Antonio said...
December 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
San Antonio Lasik Surgery said...
December 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
March 6, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article
Glaucoma Surgery

Post a Comment