Summer School?

Don't worry, I'm not failing. Rather, I was thinking that taking a couple courses during the summer would set me up nicely for my final year.

Rather than taking 5 upper level courses each semester next year, I can take 2 courses over the summer and drop that down to 4 and 4. Less stress = better marks = more time to make money.

I haven't taken summer school before, mostly because I thought there was a stigma about it - it's for losers who have failed a couple classes, or Asians whose parents are making them take every possible class (I have a friend who has been forced into summer school every year since grade 11). The stigma should be that it's for smart people who want to put themselves ahead of the game.

The sun will be impressed with me
Class runs three days a week for a couple hours, so I will still be able to work full-time and make some money online. I think it will work out well.

Also, my city is a tourist hub in the summer because it's so sunny and warm, so I'll finally be able to experience the best my city has to offer. Sweet!

Who here has taken summer school?

22 comments:

D. said...
February 27, 2011 at 11:39 AM

summer school sucks man

ebm93 said...
February 27, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I've never taken summer school, I had the same perception as you did. Well, good luck with that!

Unknown said...
February 27, 2011 at 12:01 PM

such a thing dont exist here in germany

Eric P said...
February 27, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I took summer school courses in college so I could have a lighter load in the autumn. The classes were way more laid back, and it was well worth it. Go for it!

Charles said...
February 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM

oh sweet gravy. mark harmon.

llllollllll said...
February 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I like my summers to be free

ThisWeekInThought said...
February 27, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I've taken summer school in college. It definitely is worth it!

Rachel Neilson said...
February 27, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I took summer school courses in elementary so I could have a spare in grade 5. it wasn't as fun as I thought.

Burger said...
February 27, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I prefer summer classes.

synoptixs said...
February 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM

ive taken plenty of summer classes, they're so rushed :(

The Game Store Guy said...
February 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I actually took it once a rather long time ago. Nothing really interesting to report honestly. It was like normal school with slightly weird hours and a more reprehensible group of classmates.

Jesse Brooks said...
February 28, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Sounds good! I'm going to take some extra classes next year in the summer, I need everything I can to get into med. Hope it works out well.

jopjopjop said...
February 28, 2011 at 4:16 AM

summer school would be nothing for me

Patti D. said...
February 28, 2011 at 5:51 AM

summer school is no fun :P

rinns said...
February 28, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Australia doesn't get summer long vacations ;__;
I wonder what summer school would be like though...

great post! Following n___n"

Ante Babaja said...
February 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM

inever took summer school

Skimbosh said...
February 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM

If it works out well, do it!
I went to summer recreation camp when I was 12, so somehow I don't think that makes me qualified to comment on your summer courses. :D

RedHeadRob said...
February 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Took night courses to avoid it, they were fun, had a smoke break.

HiFi said...
February 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I went to summer school once. Met a lot of really cool people. Everybody was really laid back. Got a good grade too since it's not as hard as regular classes.

Aaron M. Gipson said...
February 28, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I never went to summer school, but I do remember when this movie first came out (yeah I am a bit old). Whatever happened to Mark Harmon anyway?

Adventure Person said...
February 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Summer school is a good thing, it keeps you busy and helps cut down on credits. Like you said, less stress as well!

Ross said...
February 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I like to work all summer!

Post a Comment